Monday, November 22, 2010

Pancake Muffins

My teeth are telling me not to give you the recipes I really want to give you.

I wanted to bake you cupcakes like these, but you can wait till after Thanksgiving, right? Maybe not. 

What about pancake muffins? Pretty rad, huh? 

Do you want a healthy recipe? I've got lots. I made blackberry muffins. Maybe I don't want to share.


I made some (almost) vegan oatmeal banana lime bread. It was super nifty, wish you could have been there.

I have an apple pie in the oven. It has cheese. Do you want the recipe? I bet you do.


Do you want my Grandma's pound cake recipe? Perhaps to try some of my Mom's delicious cheesecake? I never did get around to telling you about my Ninja bread. How does some sunflower seed bread sound? Strange? A little bit weird? Welcome to my life. 

I'm really just stalling. And teasing you with yummy food, but mostly stalling until we run out of muffins and bread in this house and my canker-sore goes away.

Do you want a fancy-pancy cake? I could totally make you one.

Maybe you want to hear about the pizza I'm dying to have, or the caramel rolls my Mom whipped up last week. Those were good. 

Maybe you want me to tell you about how I'm totally craving this chili right now, possibly with one of those pancake muffins on the side? Nobody said I was normal.

Truth is, I just don't really have anything awesome to give you. Oh sure, those things are awesome awesome, but I still think that there's something different I can find to bring you that will make you jump up and down for joy when you taste it and shower me with praises. You don't think so? Too bad. 

I'll keep looking. hang in there with one of these muffins in each hand. I will find you something spectacular to stuff your face with, although these muffins might satisfy you forever.


These pancakes disguised as muffins were the result of me attempting to make honey nut muffins (AKA, Winnie the Pooh Muffins) but realizing we didn't have honey, so doing some quick on the spot thinking and adding pancake syrup instead. The result is a muffin that tastes like a pancake without the chance of you catching on fire. Success.
Pancake Muffins

makes 12 muffins
2 cups of flour

1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder

1 teaspoon of salt

2 eggs 

1/2 cup of milk

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

2 tablespoons of butter, melted

1/2 cup of pancake syrup

12 almonds (optional) 

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. 

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients. Mix well. 

Add syrup and stir thoroughly. Batter should be thin. Pour into prepared muffin cups.

If desired, place one almond on top of each muffin. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned. 

Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Serve with butter. Mm. 


 (It's perfectly acceptable to place said muffin on top of scented christmas candle).

No comments:

Post a Comment